Friday, February 28, 2014

My Political ID

I vote in every election, Presidential and mid-term.  EVERY election.  Since I could.

I have moved often within the states over the years.  And one of the very first things that I always do is register with their Board of Elections.  My right to vote is precious to me.

I have been a registered Republican and I have been a registered Democrat.  I have even been registered with a third party.

But I can’t remember the last time I voted for a major party candidate for President.

I have positions on most political issues – strong, mostly immoderate positions, on most political issues.  I am NOT a moderate, nor am I a “character voter” (in my mind, that usually substitutes for not having positions on the issues).  My stands on issues run the gamut of liberal through conservative.

Once you read a blog post of mine that sounds liberal, some of you conservatives will be tempted to curse me under your breath and never read me again.

Once you read a blog post of mine that sounds conservative, some of you liberals will be tempted to curse me under your breath and never read me again.

I can’t stop you from seeing what you think you see.  All I can do is promise you that I will always try to make my case with a mix of common sense, decency, love of country, and a command of history and logic, and facts that I will source.

I am neither saint nor devil.  But I am worth reading.  I am worth your time and your consideration.

Follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage praise, gratitude and especially criticism that is useful. Be polite. Tell your friends.